Sunday, November 21, 2010

'm trying to decide what to do, can you all help


I'm trying to decide what to do, can you all help?
I have no more work left to do for the day. I really don't want to be here and the only reason I have to stay is that I need the money. I also doesn't help that today is payday, I haven't received my paycheck yet. Also this is "vatican week" (or the week that all my supervisor's attention is on this magazine that we put out once a month about the vatican), and all the work that I have done in the last week and a half is put on hold and I am waiting because this magazine come first. So the question is is it worth it to leave early or put up with the rest of the boring day ahead of me for the extra money in my next paycheck? What do you suggest. Have I mentioned that I am extremely bored.
Polls & Surveys - 18 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
instead of asking questions just answer them it is fun also
2 :
You'll get threw it!! You probably only have a few more hours..just wait it out..more money for you. Just stay on here and answer some questions
3 :
Stay at work, pocket the money. At least you have the internet to keep you entertained. Go to ebaumsworld.com for cool stuff to look at..pics and videos and such.
4 :
Stay at work for the money if you need it. Keep playing around on the net until it is time to go home. Other wise just leave and enjoy the day.
5 :
if you "really need" the $...stay! try to find other things to do or maybe help someone else out with their work. But if you decide to go home, fill your day with things you like to do then you won't be so bored.
6 :
yes, you do sound bored, your question was way to long.....just leave for gods sake.
7 :
i would stay. getting paid to just sit there? sounds good to me. of couse i dont have ur job. go get some coffee or something that might help ur boredom
8 :
Stay on Yahoo Q/A, time flies...
9 :
I must say that staying and getting the $$$ is very attractive. But I think I would yield to the boredom and go out and get into some mischief.
10 :
answering questions here will pass the time--it'll get away from you sometimes LOL
11 :
Answer Questions on Yahoo 360 time will fly by
12 :
I don't remember having a job where I had nothing to do; but I suppose you could ask if any co-workers need some help with something...maybe they are behind in their work...
13 :
Unless you have something else to accomplish that is work what you make (known as an economic trade off) then stay. I always keep some crosswords, etc., to do plus games on my cell phone just in case boredom strikes. Have you thought about asking your supervisor if you can assist with the magazine? Maybe you could seize an opportunity to look ambitious and get ahead!
14 :
I believe you should stay and finish the day out. I have been in this type of a situation many times and regret showing weakness by not just toughing out a couple more hours. There are so many worse things in this world that could be happening to us at this moment than being stuck at work for 8 hours. Hope that helps. Smile and enjoy what life gives you, it doesnt last forever.
15 :
stay
16 :
Well, if you really need the money, then you just stay. But, if it isn't what you like to do, you should find another job with more things to do and not so boring. Since you have so much time, you can surf online and find a job that's better for you.
17 :
How about see if there is a more challenging job for you
18 :
I'm not sure what exactly your financial situation is. Do you live on your own or do you have a roommate? I realize that you are bored at work but I would stay to get a full days work. You might need the extra money for Christmas or if your car breaks down. Try bringing a book with you next time. Or stay on Yahoo's Q & A and ask questions and give answers. If you have friends and family near by, call them. Talk with your co workers. Some suggestions to pass the time away.