Wednesday, December 1, 2010

VATICAN/ Italian Lira


VATICAN/ Italian Lira?
Hello. I am currently working on a project for social studies. The project is all about Vatican City. I am finished the main presentation, but I want to take it above and beyond. Basically, I wanted to buy Vatican or Italian Lira off someone off ebay. This would help my project's grade. (I am doing a separate piece about the currency. They use Italian and Vatican Lira.) I need to have, like, 25 lira at a price of 25 dollars or under. (Including Shipping.) This would be great. It would mean a lot to me. The lira can be as little or as great in value as you want. If you are interested, I want you to have a photo included on ebay, just so I know you aren't lying, and send my fake currency. I don't think $25 is a bad offer...I don't have a lot of money, and it's, like, $1 per lira, at any value you want. If you can do this, email me your "search key words" and I will have my folks buy. Include a picture please. Thanks! By the way you could also give me a link...or anything. that'd be appreciated too! Thanks.
Other - Business & Finance - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not use, used. If you are really interested in Lire, ask for 25 ooo. If not, any bank can give you Euros for your Dollars More: Since you wrote "Italian or Vatican Lira" I ruled out an interest in coin collecting. But if you do have an interest in Vatican coins (the state is small and the coins - and stamps - are rare), the search words would be "lire" (the plural form") and Vaticano in addition to Vatican. Do an international search, include shops. You'll find coins; these were of no real monetary use in the more recent decades. Similarly for "Euro" and "Vaticano". In banks, you can only buy paper money, which is the same in all Euroland.
2 :
Contact your nearest American Express office. Many have a currency exchange. If you explain your project to a manager I will bet they do all they can to help you.
3 :
why dont you buy it at a bank or currency exchage like they have at the airport? you might be able to buy just a couple. banks may have some lira in, or may take a day or two to order it in but it is easy to buy
4 :
Remember the currency is now Euro form 2002); but if you really need Lira, then 1,000 (a thousand) Lira is near 0.75 $ (on a theoretical current exchange rate, being 1 Euro = 1,936.27 Lira)