Saturday, November 7, 2009

If you received a kidney donation from someone who was later made a saint


If you received a kidney donation from someone who was later made a saint?
How would that work vis-a-vis the whole "relic" thing? Would the Vatican expect you to give the kidney back? Would you get joint custody? Visitation rights? Thanks in advance.
Religion & Spirituality - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I lold
2 :
Hate to be Mr. Buzzkill but you'd be dead long before they became a saint. You get a star anyways though for the lulz
3 :
I am sure that second hand kidneys are specifically excluded by the canonization book of rules.
4 :
I don't believe your body would also be considered a relic, since you merely were the donor of an organ, nor would the Vatican ask for your kidney back. Why would they want you to die? A saint is not made a saint because of his physical body, but because of his belief, his trust in God (or all of the above) and devotion. For example: If I eat chocolate doesn't mean that I also know how to make it. If I went to church doesn't mean I'm a priest. If I watch television, it doesn't make me a TV executive. It ultimately comes down to you as an individual whether you are worthy of becoming a saint.